2010-11-03

Monday, November 1st

Today was a holiday in Belgium so I didn't have to go to work. Instead I slept in and spend the morning playing card games with Hannah. After lunch I went back to my places and found my host parents baby sitting their granddaughter. She was crying a lot and I can't say that I made it better. In the evening, Emelie and I biked around the city and then we rented some movies to watch during the week.

Ohh, I forgot to tell you about a funny incident last Saturday at the party. So, we all sat down and was playing some games when another guy came into the house. I was the one closest to him so he started by greeting me. In Belgium you sometimes greet each other by kissing each other on the cheek, and I had totally forgotten that. So the guy came towards me and I streched out my hand to introduce myself, then suddenly his face was next to me and I sat there with my hand out and a dumd expression in my face. I had no idea what just happened, and he did it to Emma and Hannah and we just all looked suprised at each other. Then we realized that he had just greeted us in a Belgian way. I felt so embarrased that I had to go and apologize afterwards and we all told them that we had never been greeted in that way, because in Sweden you shake hands or hug. Now I just laugh about it because it must have looked so funny with all our suprised faces and he bending over and trying to kiss our cheeks.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar